Everyone knows Facebook is the most popular social media platform out there you might be missing out on a lot of potential customers online and in your area. It’s all about optimizing the small details and having consistent activity. Use these tips for optimizing your Facebook business page to get the most out of your account.
Complete the Company Information Page
The more details you add to the page, the easier people can find your business. Make sure that your Facebook Business Page has your:
- Social media handles
- Contact information – email, phone number
It’s important to use your 250-character word limit for your description using keywords and making it original to make it search engine friendly.
- Your story
Your business story is another opportunity for more original text to give more relevant details for your page viewers as well as search engines. These details can include any legal information, origin story, or description of your processes.
If relevant, also fill in:
- Business hours/Location
Make sure that business hours are always up to date. If there are any modified hours for special occasions or such, post this information on your page and pin it to the top for the day.
All About Branding
A Facebook Business Page is another channel for you to strengthen your online presence by making yourself memorable and immediately recognizable. Three areas to do this are:
- Your profile picture should be square, at least 180 x 180 pixels, and should be viewable at 40 x 40 pixels, which is its size on the Newsfeed.
- Your cover photo displays at 828 x 315 pixels on desktop and 640 x 360 pixels on smartphone. It should be updated regularly. You can update it seasonally or for important events. Just ensure every photo or video is aesthetically friendly and on-brand.
- Your custom URL or username makes it much easier for you to be found by search engines. Use your brand or company name and make sure it matches across your platforms.
Choose Relevant CTA
Now that you have all of your information down, you can leave a call to action for the viewer to do what fits best for your business.
Facebook CTA options include: Book Now, Call Now, Contact Us, Send Message, Use App, Play Game, Shop Now, Sign Up, Watch Video, Send Email, Learn More, and Request Appointment. You also have the option to customize your CTA button
Managing Your Facebook Business Page Posts
Whatever you choose to post on your Facebook Business Page should have the goal to engage your page viewers. Keeping a page active boosts your relevancy on search engines as well as builds rapport with clients.
Here are some examples of what to post on your page:
- Any current specials or promotions you’re having
- Engaging questions to foster response and discussion
- Short, relevant videos
- Curated content
- Images – memes, update photos, quotes
Pin important posts to the top of your page so that it’s the first thing people see when they visit. And finally, add pages to promote your service and products.